Friday, January 10, 2020

3 poems from August 2018


Thirst

A parched one stoops to drink at the musical stream
Lapping up beauty with both ears
Soul revived as water bathes heart

Rennes, France

August 20, 2018
_______

That Space Before Today

Morning hush hangs thick and fragile –
          transient – precious
Water splashing off her mop into the bucket
Clinking keys turning to grant entrance
Wet locks kiss my cheeks
          still warm from sleep

A zoom of a vacuum and the
          silence is no more
Welcome to today.

La Rochette, France
August 28, 2018


Some noise is imposed, and some noise is chosen. And even when there is outer silence, there can be inner noise… or outer noise and inner silence – the “silence” of inner space for 
God to speak.
_______

“You Speak” - song by Audrey Assad

You liberate me from my own noise and my own chaos
From the chains of a lesser law You set me free

In the silence of the heart You speak
And it is there that I will know You and You will know me…

You satisfy me till I am quiet and confident
In the work of the Spirit I cannot see…
_______

Vines

Curving vines creeping across the fence
     remind me of a choice:
          to what will I choose to cling
          and in what direction will I go and grow?
     Who or what will be my “stake”?

La Rochette, France
August 29, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment